Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A Common Case Of Disappearing - Amber Rubarth

A few months ago I had the pleasure of meeting Amber Rubarth at a gig. Coincidentally we both were going to be in Jamaica the day after our meeting and my dad and I were invited to pass by the studio where she would be recording. Amber was actually working on some recordings as a member of a group with Dave Eggar which by the way is an amazing Cellist. 

Anyhow, I asked her if she had done any recordings on her own, she said yes but didn't have any copies at that moment. She eventually emailed me a link to download  her album - "A Common Case Of Disappearing" 





If you know me well, there are only a few genres I don't listen much so I'm always open to new things. This album is labeled on iTunes as "Singer/Songwriter","Pop". Some of the songs remind me a little bit of when I used to listen to Norah Jones' "Come Away With Me", but it's not a Jazz album.  
It always amazes me the amount of new music and artists that exists in the world but we are only exposed to that which the major companies want to push/promote to be "commercially successful".

"A Common Case Of Disappearing" has nine tracks of which my favorites are "Letter To My Lonelier Self", "City Starts To Bloom", "Mirror" and "One Last Look".

A really nice album to listen, chill, have a drink. If you're into guitar oriented singer/songwriter styles of music, this is a great album for you to check out in my opinion. 

Here's a video showing the making of some of the tracks and a little bit of history behind the album



Have A Great Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment