Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Introduction & Voodoo Child: The Jimi Hendrix Collection

Hi I'm Robert Browne otherwise known as "Dubwise", Jamaican guitarist, record producer and instrumental artist. I've been in the music business a while now recording & performing all over the world with various artists in different genres. Although Reggae is primarily the the style of music I play and produce, I do go out of my "zone" from time to time if the need, situation or inspiration arises.

This blog isn't about me however, its about the "Great Albums You Should Check Out - in my opinion". You see, there is already a vast ocean of music out there. And yet, music is still being made everyday. If you're tuned in to what's going on  then you'll be in the "now", if not then you'll be in your own little world of what you like or what you're exposed to by friends, family, a store radio, an elevator etc.  Still there will be tons and tons of songs you'll never know - songs/albums that are released but still don't see the light of day because of whatever reason ...be it lack of marketing  and promotion or its way ahead of its time (hey, that's possible).

So with my blog I'm gonna "expose" some albums that I think are really great. Again, these are albums that I like, that I've listened. People might say "hey, what about The Beatles' Abbey Road?" But hey, if I don't think its a great album, that's my opinion (not saying Abbey Road is or isn't a great album).
I'm not focusing on indie albums it's right across the board, if I like it and think it's great I'll mention it - From Michael Jackson's "Thriller" to Vincent Van Go Go's "Do You Know" (you don't know the latter do you?..that's my point:)

So I'll be posting an album weekly for you to check out and I hope this exposes you to some new music or reacquaint you with some of your favs.

Thanks


First up

Voodoo Child: The Jimi Hendrix Collection    



I've had this album a long time now, a double CD set. Of course it's been uploaded into my iTunes library by now.

Great album. If you're a Hendrix fan I'm sure you have this one. 31 Songs total: Disc 1 has recordings from "Purple Haze" to "3rd Stone From The Sun" and Disc 2 has live versions of 12 Hendrix classics including "Purple Haze" & "Red House". Interestingly though I checked iTunes online and "3rd Stone From The Sun" isn't on the online release. Guess you'd have to get that one on "Are You Experienced".

Click the iTunes link below to check it out.... Do Enjoy!



iTunes - Music - Voodoo Child: The Jimi Hendrix Colletion


Thanks, have a great day!







No comments:

Post a Comment